Providing the highest quality of service is a core value of Buffalo Inspection Services.
We believe that quality assurance and integrity of critical equipment and facilities are instrumental in the protection of the environment, public health, and life. We understand that managing quality in the NDT industry means that we must first understand the specific quality expectations for our clients and then put a proactive plan in place to meet and/or exceed those expectations.
By definition, Quality Control (QC) refers to the process and the procedures used in creating the NDT product or services delivered. This is generally undertaken by subject matter experts (SME’s) to meet the clients and code requirements.
Buffalo Inspection Services has invested heavily in the production of code compliant NDT procedures for performing each NDT method systematically and to the best industry practices.
Our NDT procedure manual contains the latest updated procedures and include all applied ASME V discipline requirements.
- Buffalo’s ASME V applied procedures have been approved by the jurisdictional bodies in Alberta (ABSA); British Columbia (BC Safety); and Saskatchewan (TSask).
- CSA scopes are also developed by discipline with procedural content in support of our W59 and CSA Z662 customer requirements.
- Where specifically required, tailored procedures can be developed by our CGSB, ASNT and SNT-TC-1A Level 3 for any discipline; should there be a need to do so.
NDT procedures are the core of Buffalo’s QC system and ensure a controlled and repeatable NDT application that satisfies both our customer’s inspection and code requirements.
Quality Assurance and Quality Control
Regularly scheduled field and report auditing is conducted to ensure that technicians are performing and providing our clients with high quality information that meets/exceeds all of their requirements. Buffalo also has an extremely robust SNT certification program which verifies levels of competency in technicians who are certified in various NDE disciplines.
QA and QC work as one and BOTH must be performed to ensure that the NDT deliverables meet or exceed our customer’s quality requirements.
Making it Happen
How does Buffalo ensure the highest level of quality in our work?
We employ key personnel that drive the entire process forward
- A Level 3 subject matter expert to oversee all technical aspects of quality
- A full time dedicated auditor to meet the requirements of our quality program for NDE
- A Quality Manager who ensures adherence to quality program requirements
- An ISO 9000 compliant program to ensure best industry practices