Website Buffalo Inspection Services
Non Destruction Testing Company
Buffalo Inspection Services is Canada’s largest non-union provider of Non-Destructive Testing (NDT) Services. We have been providing a full range of NDT services across Western Canada for more than forty years. We partner with Canada’s largest energy and industrial leaders to provide non-destructive testing and examination services, from radiographic testing to all forms of ultrasonic technology. Quality, Safety, Teamwork, and Life-Long learning are always top of mind.
Buffalo Inspection Services is looking for an experienced Accounting and Payroll Administrator to join our fast-growing team. This is a full-time position reporting to the Senior Accountant and is based in Edmonton, Alberta.
- Prepare and process bi-weekly pay for 50-75 hourly employees/contractors and salary for 18 employees
- Process remittances including disbursements to benefit carriers, tax authorities, and worker’s compensation bodies while ensuring compliance with legislation
- Reconcile source deductions, benefits, and WCB liability accounts
- Process staff expense reports
- Maintain employee files and confidence
- Calculate the monthly payroll accrual for month-end cut-off
- Process employee benefits plan enrollments, updates, and cancellations
- Provide contractor payroll data to accounting for billing purposes.
- File annual Workers Compensation reporting for all provincial governing bodies.
- Prepare and file T4s and ROEs
- Assist with Accounts Receivable and Payable invoice processing during non-payroll weeks
- Prepare various correspondence, statistical summaries, and any other material related to the payroll function to Safety and Human Resources
- Assist and provide support to Management for all monthly, quarterly, and year-end reporting
Required Skills and Qualifications
- PCP Designation or minimum 5 years experience in a payroll/accounting position
- Experience as a Group Benefits Administrator
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of MS Office
- Experience with SharePoint, MS Dynamics NAV, QuickBooks
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise discretion
- High attention to detail and accuracy with the ability to work well under tight deadlines
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Security clearance required upon offer of employment
- Covid 19 proof of vaccination required
We are offering market-competitive wages, benefits, and training.
Please forward your resume to email@example.com
We thank all candidates for their interest in Buffalo Inspection Services. All applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates’ qualifications most closely match our requirements for the position. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted. At this time, only Canadian Citizens or Permanent Residents of Canada will be considered for employment.